Banana Chip Cake
This is my version of Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream (my favorite!) in a cake. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool. —Barbara Pryor, Milford, Massachusetts
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce;
- beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir
- in the bananas, chips and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and
- sprinkled with flour. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 233 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.