- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, chips and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with flour. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Banana Chip Cake
"This was easy to make. My husband enjoyed it. He said he could not tell that it was made form a box mix"
"was very easy and a great way to use those banana's, sub'd pecans"
"It would get more stars if this was an option.Very easy and soooooooo good."
"This cake was easy to make and was very moist. Everyone loved it!"
"this recipe was very good, nice and moist. kids loved it too!"