This is my version of Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey Ice Cream (my favorite!) in a cake. The hardest part is waiting for it to cool. —Barbara Pryor, Milford, Massachusetts
Recommended: 18 Easy Overnight Desserts
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the bananas, chips and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with flour. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Banana Chip Cake in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p22
Reviews for Banana Chip Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2013
"was very easy and a great way to use those banana's, sub'd pecans"
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2013
"It would get more stars if this was an option.Very easy and soooooooo good."
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2012
"This cake was easy to make and was very moist. Everyone loved it!"
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2012
"this recipe was very good, nice and moist. kids loved it too!"