Banana Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
Jessica Simerly uses convenience items to create this layered crowd-pleaser that features cheesecake, bananas, and chocolate and caramel sauces. "Once you serve this, you'll be asked to prepare it time and again," promises the New Castle, Indiana reader.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 2 packages (21.4 ounces each) strawberry no-bake cheesecake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, warmed, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. Set aside filling and strawberry topping packets from cheesecake mixes. Place the contents of the crust mix packets in a large bowl; stir in butter and sugar until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a large bowl,Beat milk and contents of filling packets on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spread over the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Spread contents of strawberry topping packets over cheesecake. Top with pineapple and bananas. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of chocolate topping and 1/4 cup caramel topping. Spread with whipped topping (dish will be full). Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Before serving, drizzle with remaining chocolate and caramel toppings. Top with pecans and cherries. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 331 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC