Banana Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
Jessica Simerly uses convenience items to create this layered crowd-pleaser that features cheesecake, bananas, and chocolate and caramel sauces. "Once you serve this, you'll be asked to prepare it time and again," promises the New Castle, Indiana reader.
- 2 packages (21.4 ounces each) strawberry no-bake cheesecake mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, warmed, divided
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. Set aside filling and strawberry topping packets from cheesecake mixes. Place the contents of the crust mix packets in a large bowl; stir in butter and sugar until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a large bowl,Beat milk and contents of filling packets on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Spread over the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Spread contents of strawberry topping packets over cheesecake. Top with pineapple and bananas. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of chocolate topping and 1/4 cup caramel topping. Spread with whipped topping (dish will be full). Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Before serving, drizzle with remaining chocolate and caramel toppings. Top with pecans and cherries. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 331 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC