Banana Caramel Topping Recipe
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the ice cream topping, lemon juice, cinnamon and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in bananas and extract. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 102 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Banana Caramel Topping
"I just made this for dessert at a friend's house, and everyone loved it. I served it with Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake, and ice cream. I was a little daunted by the amount of lemon juice in this, and although the citrus-y taste was identifiable, it didn't overwhelm the sweetness. Also, I didn't stir the bananas into the sauce (some of my friends don't like caramel); I just put them on the sliced pound cake and drizzled the sauce over all. Very good."
"My husband LOVES this! It reminds us of Bananas Foster at our favorite restaurant."