Banana Caramel Topping Recipe
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the ice cream topping, lemon juice, cinnamon and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in bananas and extract. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 102 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Caramel Topping
"I just made this for dessert at a friend's house, and everyone loved it. I served it with Almond Cream Cheese Pound Cake, and ice cream. I was a little daunted by the amount of lemon juice in this, and although the citrus-y taste was identifiable, it didn't overwhelm the sweetness. Also, I didn't stir the bananas into the sauce (some of my friends don't like caramel); I just put them on the sliced pound cake and drizzled the sauce over all. Very good."
"My husband LOVES this! It reminds us of Bananas Foster at our favorite restaurant."