Banana Caramel Topping
This dessert was made famous in New Orleans, and the recipe came from a hotel chef there. Guests rave about it when I make it, and it is very easy. —Angie Cassada, Monroe, North Carolina
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the ice cream topping, lemon juice,
- cinnamon and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated
- Just before serving, stir in bananas and extract. Serve over ice
- cream. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 102 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.