This dessert was made famous in New Orleans, and the recipe came from a hotel chef there. Guests rave about it when I make it, and it is very easy. —Angie Cassada, Monroe, North Carolina
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the ice cream topping, lemon juice, cinnamon and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in bananas and extract. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Banana Caramel Topping in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p10
Reviews for Banana Caramel Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review