Desserts with bananas remind me of grandma, who taught me to cook. I rarely measure. I set out pecans and butterscotch with kabobs so everyone can customize. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, CO
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 2 large bananas, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups butter pecan ice cream
- 1/2 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread cake and bananas. In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; brush over kabobs.
- Place kabobs on greased grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- Serve with ice cream; drizzle with butterscotch topping. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Banana Butter Pecan Kabobs in Grill It Bookazine 2016, p131
Reviews for Banana Butter Pecan Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review