Banana Bundles with Caramel Sauce
These attractive bundles from our Test Kitchen have the fantastic flavor of Bananas Foster. It’s best to use firm bananas in this recipe.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- BANANA BUNDLES:
- 1 cup sliced firm bananas
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and 1 tablespoon
- butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat without stirring. Cover and
- cook for 3 minutes. Stir in cream. Cook and stir over medium-high
- heat just until mixture comes to a boil, about 1 minute. Remove from
- the heat.
- Whisk in vanilla and salt. Cut remaining butter into small pieces;