Banana Brunch Punch
A cold glass of refreshing punch really brightens a brunch. It's nice to serve a crisp beverage like this that's more spectacular than plain juice. With bananas, orange juice and lemonade, it can add tropical flair to a winter day.
-Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
60-70 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups warm water, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice, chilled
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Orange slices, optional
- In a blender, cover and process the bananas, orange juice and
- lemonade until smooth. Remove half of the mixture and set aside. Add
- 1-1/2 cups warm water and 1 cup sugar to blender; blend until
- Place in a large freezer container. Repeat with remaining banana
- mixture, water and sugar; add to container. Cover and freeze until
- One hour before serving, remove punch base from freezer. Just before
- serving, place in a large punch bowl. Add pineapple juice and soda;
- stir until well blended. Garnish with orange slices if desired.
- Yield: 60-70 servings (10 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 68 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium,