Banana Brunch Punch Recipe
A cold glass of refreshing punch really brightens a brunch. It's nice to serve a crisp beverage like this that's more spectacular than plain juice. With bananas, orange juice and lemonade, it can add tropical flair to a winter day. -Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups warm water, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice, chilled
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Orange slices, optional
- 1. In a blender, cover and process the bananas, orange juice and lemonade until smooth. Remove half of the mixture and set aside. Add 1-1/2 cups warm water and 1 cup sugar to blender; blend until smooth.
- 2. Place in a large freezer container. Repeat with remaining banana mixture, water and sugar; add to container. Cover and freeze until solid.
- 3. One hour before serving, remove punch base from freezer. Just before serving, place in a large punch bowl. Add pineapple juice and soda; stir until well blended. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 60-70 servings (10 quarts).
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 68 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC