Banana Brunch Punch Recipe
A cold glass of refreshing punch really brightens a brunch. It's nice to serve a crisp beverage like this that's more spectacular than plain juice. With bananas, orange juice and lemonade, it can add tropical flair to a winter day. -Mary Anne McWhirter, Pearland, Texas
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups warm water, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice, chilled
- 3 bottles (2 liters each) lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Orange slices, optional
- In a blender, cover and process the bananas, orange juice and lemonade until smooth. Remove half of the mixture and set aside. Add 1-1/2 cups warm water and 1 cup sugar to blender; blend until smooth.
- Place in a large freezer container. Repeat with remaining banana mixture, water and sugar; add to container. Cover and freeze until solid.
- One hour before serving, remove punch base from freezer. Just before serving, place in a large punch bowl. Add pineapple juice and soda; stir until well blended. Garnish with orange slices if desired. Yield: 60-70 servings (10 quarts).
Originally published as Banana Brunch Punch in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p31
Reviews for Banana Brunch Punch(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2011
We served this at our wedding reception... delicious!
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2010
Made this for daughters wedding reception.
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2010
I made this for a bridal shower and everyone loved it.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2009
This punch has fantastic flavor, it was a big hit and my party!