- 1 cup orange juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 small firm bananas, cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large skillet, combine 1/4 cup orange juice, sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until light caramel in color, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add bananas and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon half of banana mixture into six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon bread crumbs. Top with remaining banana mixture. Spoon 2 tablespoons remaining orange juice over each.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, orange peel, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over bananas.
- Place ramekins in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Banana Brown Betty in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p51
Reviews for Banana Brown Betty
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review