Banana Brickle Muffins
Toffee bits add great flavor to these delicious banana muffins. Serve them at breakfast, lunch, dinner or as a special snack.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) brickle toffee bits, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and baking powder. In
- a small bowl, combine the bananas, milk, oil and egg. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in 1 cup toffee bits.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining
- toffee bits. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 319 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.