Banana Breakfast Smoothies Recipe
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 small ripe bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground nutmeg
- 1. Place the first six ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 221 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Banana Breakfast Smoothies
"Did not freeze my bananas, as I have sensitive teeth. Used ground flax seed instead of the wheat germ. My bananas were just on the verge of getting spots, so they were nice and sweet. Turned out nicely."
"I wonder what it would taste like with cinnamon sprinkled on it?"
"Sounds great. Will have to try it."