This recipe's special because it uses no eggs or milk. I know that there are many people who are on milk-free diets, so this bread is perfect for them.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Note: This recipe does NOT contain eggs or milk. In a large bowl,
- cream sugar and shortening for about 5 minutes (mixture does not get
- smooth). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to
- creamed mixture alternately with bananas, beating after each
- addition (the batter will be thick). Spoon into a greased 9-in. x
- 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread
- tests done with a toothpick. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before
- removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 139 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.