This cake doesn't need any frosting—just a dusting of powdered sugar. Guests are always amazed that I made this treat from scratch.—Denise Loewenthal, Hinckley, Ohio
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 1 small)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the brown sugar, water, banana, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Banana Snack Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p13
Reviews for Banana Bread Snack Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review