Banana Bread Snack Cakes Recipe
This cake doesn't need any frosting—just a dusting of powdered sugar. Guests are always amazed that I made this treat from scratch.—Denise Loewenthal, Hinckley, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:9 servings
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 1 small)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the brown sugar, water, banana, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC