- 4 cups cubed day-old French or sourdough bread (1-in. pieces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced firm bananas (1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 2-qt. casserole; pour butter over and toss to coat. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in bananas.
- Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter. Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm sauce over warm pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Banana Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"it's very easy to make and really really good, the only thing I did different was let it sit for a couple of hrs. That allows the flavors to meld together and makes it even more yummy. I would definitely make it again."
"very easy and delicious"
"This is very easy to bake, I love the ingredients n I've made it n it was so deliouse tastes, n u must try it,n thank you so much from taste of home, I would like more of different recipe ."
"Oh my word. The smell from my kitchen was awesome. I made a double batch. This recipe is phenomenal. I altered it to use truvia instead of sugar. And I don't normally use nutmeg so I skipped it. We dived in without the sauce. I might or might not make the sauce tomorrow."
"I used rum extract in place of the vanilla. It smelled so good coming out of the oven that we had it all gone doing "taste tests" before I ever got around to making the sauce. Definately a winner."