- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, juice, sugars and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Bran Muffins
"An all-around good bran muffin with a hint of banana. Moist, but not sticky and overly sweet like some. The spices really pull it together. We also used apple juice in place of orange juice and the flavors blended well."
"I am raising 3 grandchildren & am always looking for wholesome foods that I can slip into their diets, and one they always want is banana muffins. I didn't have any oat bran so I replace half wheat germ/flaxseed mill. They turned out great."
"these are a great muffin for breakfast an very moist. I didn't have orange juice so I used apple an we loved them definitely a keeper"