Our four daughters love these spiced moist muffins. With a little help from myself or my mom, the girls are all learning to be great cooks.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, juice, sugars and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Banana Bran Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p19
Reviews for Banana Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review