- 4 medium unpeeled ripe bananas
- 4 teaspoons miniature chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- Cut banana peel lengthwise about 1/2 in. deep, leaving 1/2 in. at both ends. Open peel wider to form a pocket. Fill each with 1 teaspoon chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon marshmallows. Crimp and shape four pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square) around bananas, forming boats.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until marshmallows melt and are golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Banana Boats
"A fun and easy dessert for both adults and kids. To make it a little more of an 'adult dessert', try adding a capful of rum… oh so yummy!"
"So much fun to make,no one heard of making banana boat's in my family, so I got to show off at our family get together. Thank's for sharing. LeeAnn Treacher Elkhart,In"
"Awesome snack for someone on a diet! Very easy to make. Next time I might try a little peanut butter in the banana boat as well."
"Wonderful! So easy and tasty!"
"I was first introduced to this as a 12 year old camping with my Pioneer Girls Group and it became a camping must have. Our kids always made sure we packed the banana boat ingredients before we left for camping. Now they are on their own and continue this camping tradition with their friends and families."