Banana Blueberry Smoothies
“My sons love this smoothie, whether it’s served frozen or with a straw. Either way, I feel good giving them this healthy drink.” Krista Frank - Rhododendron, OR
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas, halved
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30
- seconds or until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 99 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.