Banana Blueberry Pie
"This light fruity dessert is so simple to prepare," writes Priscilla Weaver, Hagerstown, Maryland. "It makes two, so you have one pie for guests and a second to enjoy the next day."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 4 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 pastry shells (9 inches), baked
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- Fresh blueberries and mint and additional sliced bananas, optional
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped
- topping and bananas. Pour into pastry shells. Spread with pie
- filling. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving,
- garnish with blueberries, mint and bananas if desired. Yield: 2 pies
- (6-8 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 297 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.