Banana Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, bananas and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 6-10 minutes. Or, place a stack of three pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 14 pancakes.
2 pancakes (calculated without syrup) equals 195 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.