Banana Berry Smoothies
"My family is fond of smoothies, and we are always trying something new. This is one fruity blend they always want more of," Debbie Nelson reports from Sandy, Utah. "Feel free to experiment with other juices, sherbet flavors and frozen fruits. You'll be surprised and delighted with the number of tasty combinations you can come up with."
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup raspberry sherbet
- 1 large firm banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients in the order listed;
- cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stir if necessary.
- Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 148 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.