Banana-Berry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and ginger. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Arrange 1 cup strawberries over crust. Pour gelatin mixture over strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, milk and pudding mix for 1 minute. Spread over top of pie. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 508 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (67g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Banana-Berry Pie
"Drizzle a little rich chocolate sauce on the plate for something extra fancy."
"The crust is delicious, it looks wonderful. No one believes it is so easy to make!!!"
"I made this in muffin cups and it worked wonderfully for individual deserts. They looked fancy but were very simple to make."
"Delicious blend of rich flavors. Don't skimp on the strawberries and try a little shredded coconut garnish to complete the treat."
"I love bananas and strawberries,the two together is awesome.I would definitely make it again and again"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.