Banana-Berry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and ginger. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Arrange 1 cup strawberries over crust. Pour gelatin mixture over strawberries. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, milk and pudding mix for 1 minute. Spread over top of pie. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Garnish with remaining strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 508 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.