Banana-Berry Nut Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and oil until smooth; add strawberries and banana. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
One slice (recipe prepared with 1/2 cup walnuts) equals 166 calories, 6 g fat (0 saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.