Banana-Berry Nut Bread Recipe
Gina Todd of Portage, Indiana first made this pretty loaf after picking strawberries one year. "The berries complement its banana and nut flavors," she assures.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and oil until smooth; add strawberries and banana. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Banana-Berry Nut Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p47
Reviews for Banana-Berry Nut Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2011
This is my favorite banana bread recipe. I use a cup of strawberries after food processing them. Yum!