- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and oil until smooth; add strawberries and banana. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Banana-Berry Nut Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p47
Reviews for Banana-Berry Nut Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2015
"Great recipe! We went berry picking this past weekend and this recipe was a great way to use them! Really easy and very tasty!"
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2011
"This is my favorite banana bread recipe. I use a cup of strawberries after food processing them. Yum!"