Banana Berry Muffins Recipe
- 4 cups bran flakes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine bran flakes and buttermilk; set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled).
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in bran mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Berry Muffins
Sort By :
This recipe is AMAZING! I've made this several times, in so many ways. Sometimes I omit the berries, cut the sugar in half, and I ALWAYS add some grated zucchini. I've also made these by omitting the bananas and berries and made them with butternut squash, grated carrots, and pumpkin pie spice. YUMMY! I will be keeping this recipe for a LONG LONG TIME!
These were very very good. I used raisins in place of the blueberries because the person I was making them for likes raisins, I used All Bran cereal because that's all we had and I didn't use the topping but when I make them myself for myself, I will use blueberries and the topping. Very very good. Thank you!
I would have to rate it as 5 stars. It is not only delicious but with the bran & blueberries it is highly nutritious. I took it to a prayer meeting and everyone wanted the recipe.