Banana-Berry Brownie Pizza Recipe
"I like to make this dessert in June and early July so I can use fresh local strawberries," writes Tina Jacobs from Wantage, New Jersey. "The fruit lightens up the rich chocolate taste and pleases everyone."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch size)
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 to 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and egg until well blended. Spread into a greased and floured 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownie crust. Bake 15 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Just before serving, arrange strawberries and bananas over topping; drizzle with chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC