Banana Beignet Bites Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, whisk the first five beignet ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, milk and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry about 45-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Roll in sugar mixture while warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Beignet Bites
Sort By :
"So easy to make. We used a small cookie scoop to scoop out the batter!"
"My family enjoyed these beignets! The flavoring to them is very good."
"I have made beignets in the past but these were so much easier and flavorful. I didn't feel as if I needed to add vanilla. I found them just fine as is. Will be making these again."
"This reminded me of a donut recipe but a lot quicker to put together. They are packed with flavor and the bananas in them add a great touch of flavor. I didn't have cake flour so I used 2 cups flour removed 4 tbsp. Of it and replaced it with 4 tbsp. Corn starch."
"I bring in a breakfast treat every Friday to the school where I am the nurse there. I brought these in this morning! They were a HUGE hit and will become a favorite for Friday's. I too added the vanilla and believe it is the missing ingredient. I also deep fried mine and it took a little longer than the 45-60 seconds. I left mine in until they were golden brown which took about 2 1/2-3 min. Agree it is easier than you would think to make."