- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon until blended. In a large bowl, whisk the first five beignet ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, bananas, milk and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry about 45-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Roll warm beignets in sugar mixture. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Beignet Bites
"Easy and delicious. They didn't last long around the house! My one suggestion, take the oil temperature as more of a suggestion, if making in a stove top frying pan. We had the heat too high (but under the suggestion) and burned the first one almost instantly. Other than that, great recipe!"
"These were amazing..I added a little nutmeg to the flour. My boyfriend loved these so much, he asked me to make them weekly...I love them!!!!"
"I love the recipe! I did not fry them. I use a sandwich maker. It takes a little longer,but less oil. I sprayed it with butter spray when needed. Kids loved it! Thanks"
"I made these this morning and they are delicious - my family loved them! I didn't feel the need to add vanilla; the bananas were a great flavor by themselves. I did find that I needed to fry the beignets about one minute on each side to be sure they were done in the middle. An excellent recipe, and especially perfect for the Mardi Gras time of year! Definitely a keeper!"
"So easy to make. We used a small cookie scoop to scoop out the batter!"