Banana Apple Muffins
This recipe makes a light tasty muffin that stays moist. They're flavorful whether served plain, with butter and jam or dipped in cinnamon-sugar right out of the oven.
-Alice Muradliyan, Covina, California
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another
- bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in apple and banana.
- Fill greased muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 375°
- for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5
- minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium,