Banana Apple Muffins Recipe
This recipe makes a light tasty muffin that stays moist. They're flavorful whether served plain, with butter and jam or dipped in cinnamon-sugar right out of the oven. -Alice Muradliyan, Covina, California
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and banana.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Banana Apple Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC