Banana Apple Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup grated peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple and banana.
- Fill greased muffin cups about three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 muffins.
Reviews for Banana Apple Muffins(5)
Sort By :
Just bit into my first one and it's delicious! Very moist and good flavor. I used a golden delicious apple.
I found after mixing everything the batter was too moist and even after it baked for the stated time they were still wet inside, so I tried to bake a little longer but it only over cooked the edges, center was still moist and I see someone else had the same problem.
I overbaked these little muffins somewhat and they were still moist and lightly sweet, if a bit dark. The banana and apple are a bit faint, but you can taste them. I doubled the recipe to share with visiting friends and had no trouble. They are a bit plain, though; a drizzle of white glaze would dress them up nicely.
Really tasty, yummy and healthy!
I didn't have allspice, so I substituted my favorite, pumpkin pie spice. Really, really great recipe. I really enjoyed it.