Banana Anna Surprise Recipe
This quick-to-fix layered dessert from Eva Wright of Grant, Alabama looks so pretty spooned into dessert glasses. "You can also make this recipe in an 8-inch square glass dish and replace the strawberry gelatin with your favorite flavor," Eva notes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Combine cold water and ice cubes; add to gelatin. Stir until slightly thickened; remove any unmelted ice. Add bananas. Spoon half of the gelatin into four dessert glasses. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a blender, combine the cream cheese, whipped topping and lemon peel; cover and process until smooth. Spoon into glasses. Top with remaining gelatin. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 lean meat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC