Banana and Nut Cake Recipe
"Boxed pudding and cake mixes speed up the preparation of this moist banana cake," comments Karen Ann Bland of Gove, Kansas. "It doesn't last long at our house. In fact, my family and the hired men have it finished almost before it has time to cool."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Beat in bananas. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 341 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC