- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Beat in bananas. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Banana and Nut Cake
Sort By :
"Just finished our piece of banana nut cake, and will be making it again delicious! It's a keeper. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"Delicious and super easy."
"This is a wonderful moist banana cake! Quick. Easy. I always make homemade buttercream frosting to top this crowd pleasing cake. No one would ever guess it begins with cake mix!"
"My husband is on a low fat diet so I am always looking for tasty substitutes for high caloried and fat laden desserts. This has been a favorite for several years. It is tender, flavorful, and delicious, even when I reduce the quantity of nuts recommended. I grate a couple of peanut butter cups on top to add color and substitute for frosting or a topping...scrumptious!!"
"This is one of my favorite recipes and have used it many times ...I have a ton of T of H magazines from years gone by- and have marked this one as one of my favs, BUT I have misplaced magazine-- ran to computer and found it-recognized picture--It's always a crowd pleaser.. thanks for putting on internet :)"