Banana and Nut Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Beat in bananas. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Banana and Nut Cake
Sort By :
"Delicious and super easy."
"This is a wonderful moist banana cake! Quick. Easy. I always make homemade buttercream frosting to top this crowd pleasing cake. No one would ever guess it begins with cake mix!"
"My husband is on a low fat diet so I am always looking for tasty substitutes for high caloried and fat laden desserts. This has been a favorite for several years. It is tender, flavorful, and delicious, even when I reduce the quantity of nuts recommended. I grate a couple of peanut butter cups on top to add color and substitute for frosting or a topping...scrumptious!!"
"This is one of my favorite recipes and have used it many times ...I have a ton of T of H magazines from years gone by- and have marked this one as one of my favs, BUT I have misplaced magazine-- ran to computer and found it-recognized picture--It's always a crowd pleaser.. thanks for putting on internet :)"
"This cake was so easy to make. I made it because I had some severely spotted bananas that I wanted to use, and it took me less than 10 minutes to put together. (And most of that time was spent digging out my electric mixer and walnuts from the back of the cupboard!) I highly recommend it for that reason alone, but I also received a ton of compliments on it from my coworkers, who loved the intense banana flavor."