Banana-Almond Milk Shakes Recipe
A few sips of this flavorful shake will curb the hungriest sweet tooth. For a lighter version, substitute a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder for the chocolate chips.—Athena M. Russell, Florence, South Carolina.
- 1-1/4 cups almond milk
- 6 frozen medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add chocolate chips; cover and process 30 seconds longer or until blended.
- 2. Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without whipped cream) equals 342 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC