A few sips of this flavorful shake will curb the hungriest sweet tooth. For a lighter version, substitute a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder for the chocolate chips.—Athena M. Russell, Florence, South Carolina.
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 6 frozen medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add chocolate chips; cover and process 30 seconds longer or until blended.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana-Almond Milk Shakes in Country Woman June/July 2012, p33
Reviews for Banana-Almond Milk Shakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2014
"Great way to use up bananas. I always have problems with pieces of chocolate chips sinking to the bottom of the milkshake. Her idea of using cocoa powder instead might work better."