A few sips of this flavorful shake will curb the hungriest sweet tooth. For a lighter version, substitute a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder for the chocolate chips.—Athena M. Russell, Florence, South Carolina.
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 6 frozen medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add chocolate chips; cover and process 30 seconds longer or until blended.
- Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Banana-Almond Milk Shakes in Country Woman June/July 2012, p33
Reviews for Banana-Almond Milk Shakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2014
"Great way to use up bananas. I always have problems with pieces of chocolate chips sinking to the bottom of the milkshake. Her idea of using cocoa powder instead might work better."