Banana & Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
My husband, the shameless chocoholic of the household, thought these muffins needed mini chocolate chips. Guests agreed—and they also love the surprise of cream cheese inside.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, butter, milk, sour cream and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 307 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC