My husband, the shameless chocoholic of the household, thought these muffins needed mini chocolate chips. Guests agreed—and they also love the surprise of cream cheese inside.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, butter, milk, sour cream and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Banana & Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins in Country June/July 2010, p52
Reviews for Banana & Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review