Banana & Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, bananas, butter, milk, sour cream and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Banana & Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins(4)
Sort By :
GOOD TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN FREEZE THEM
Can you freeze them?
I thought this was very good everyone gobbled them up at my brunch Honestly I would leave out the "cream center" they really didn't need it. But it was a nice "surprise" for everyone.
Although delicious, I found this muffin to be very rich.