My mother-in-law created this recipe while living in Baltimore. I make many batches of it with our garden vegetables and freeze in serving-size portions for laterBetty Cannell, Reading, Pennsylvania
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, carrots, celery and
- potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30
- minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Yield: 4-6 servings.
The canned diced tomatoes in Baltimore Hash can be replaced with a quart of fresh tomatoes that have been peeled and diced.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 183 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 15 g protein.