- 3 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- In a salad bowl, combine tomatoes and cucumbers. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, water and dressing mix. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Balsamic Vegetable Salad
Sort By :
Good. But way,way to much Oil as the other reviews state. Use 1/4 cup. Red Onions would be a nice addition.
Definately to much oil. Red onions, artichoke hearts, green beans would be nice additions. If you don't keep the dressing mix on hand add your own salt and basil. Tomatoes and basil love each other. Iuse a better quality olive oil also.
I would make this again.....very good ....cut oil back to 1/4 cup
A nice refreshing salad to go with our winter comfort foods. I took the advice of another reviewer and added some sliced onion and artichoke hearts just because I had them on hand. Good the next day also.
This salad is one my family absolutely loves. They do tend to add different vegetables though, to make things more interesting. Sometimes it gets made as is but other vegetables work just as well. It's a keeper, for sure.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >