- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water; bring to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk vinaigrette, sugar, garlic and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add canned beans and green beans; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Stir in basil just before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Balsamic Three-Bean Salad
"My husband loves this. This way I can control the sugar. I used frozen green beans, pinto beans instead of kidney beans , a little less salt."
"Hmmmmmm I love beans, this is going to be a great salad, can't wait to make it... Will make this for myself and for next Office Pot Luck. Will go great with hot wings. OMG.....Ok didn't wait for Pot Luck at work, Making this now, couldn't wait....I did everything same as recipe, didn't have didn't have kidney beans or cannellini beans, so I used pinto and garbanzo....I saluted green beans with garlic and seasoning together, then cool and mixed all together with vinaigrette. I also added chopped onions and piece of jalapeno pepper, topped with cilantro, didn't have bay leaves....lol......I have my own style of cooking...I am a chef.... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....Thanks Stacey for taking me to beans recipes for my daughter.....She Shure can put some food away. This is one I think she will like with my Escovitch fish with rice...."
"Crisp clean flavors."
"This was my daughter's favorite salad when she was a child. The only difference is that I make my own balsamic vinaigrette using a basic vinaigrette recipe and add less sugar."