Here's my little girl's favorite salad. She eats it just about as fast as I can make it. Make it ahead so the flavors have plenty of time to get to know each other. —Stacey Feather, Jay, Oklahoma
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Fill a Dutch oven three-fourths full with water; bring to a boil. Add green beans; cook, uncovered, 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk vinaigrette, sugar, garlic and salt until sugar is dissolved. Add canned beans and green beans; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Stir in basil just before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Balsamic Three-Bean Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Reviews for Balsamic Three-Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review