Balsamic-Seasoned Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut into thin strips
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar and steak sauce; set aside. Rub steak with pepper. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7 minutes.
- Turn; spoon half of the steak sauce mixture over steak. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove steak to a cutting board; cut across the grain into 1/4-in. slices. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; drizzle with juices from cutting board and remaining steak sauce mixture. Top with cheese. Broil for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Balsamic-Seasoned Steak(2)
Sort By :
I love this steak. It turns out so tender and flavorful. It is easy to make just one serving if you are cooking just for yourself.
Made surprisingly tender sirloin without the need for lengthy marinading. To be sure it wasn't a fluke of latching on to a 'magic' slice of choice-grade sirloin, made it again -results were just as tender and flavorful as the first time! Easy enough for week nights; good enough for company, and a delicious oh-so-rare low sodium recipe!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >