Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1. Drizzle salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut salmon into two pieces.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss spinach with remaining vinaigrette. Divide between two plates. Top with the salmon, avocado, walnuts, sunflower kernels and cranberries. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 283 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad
"I added green onions and used vinaigrette I had on hand. Delicious and definitely one that will be used often."
"I had never had Salmon before. I was always hesistant to try it. I finally thought this looked like an easy enough recipe and so I tried it...It was easy and fast to prepare and delicious! I had decided because it was so low calorie I used 2- 5 oz pieces of Salmon per person...and I used a Raspberry Vinaigrette I had already on hand....Can't wait to have it again!"
"I rated it 3 stars - not 4"
"I would make it again, but add a bit more basamic dressing to the spinach"