Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad
This Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad is really healthy and a cinch to make after a hard day of work. —karen1969, Tasteofhome.com Community
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 salmon fillet (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Drizzle salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Place on a broiler pan
- coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-15
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut salmon into two
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss spinach with remaining vinaigrette.
- Divide between two plates. Top each with half of the salmon,
- avocado, walnuts, sunflower kernels and cranberries. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 283 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.