Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1 salmon fillet (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1. Drizzle salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut salmon into two pieces.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss spinach with remaining vinaigrette. Divide between two plates. Top with the salmon, avocado, walnuts, sunflower kernels and cranberries. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 283 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad
"quick, easy, and delicious! The toasted walnuts and cranberries complement each other very well. Can't wait to make this one again."
"I added green onions and used vinaigrette I had on hand. Delicious and definitely one that will be used often."
"I had never had Salmon before. I was always hesistant to try it. I finally thought this looked like an easy enough recipe and so I tried it...It was easy and fast to prepare and delicious! I had decided because it was so low calorie I used 2- 5 oz pieces of Salmon per person...and I used a Raspberry Vinaigrette I had already on hand....Can't wait to have it again!"
"I rated it 3 stars - not 4"
"I would make it again, but add a bit more basamic dressing to the spinach"