- 1 salmon fillet (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Drizzle salmon with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut salmon into two pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss spinach with remaining vinaigrette. Divide between two plates. Top each with half of the salmon, avocado, walnuts, sunflower kernels and cranberries. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Balsamic-Salmon Spinach Salad
Sort By :
Easy and Fast! I left off the walnuts, and it tasted great! I used the same quantity of salmon to make 4 dinner salads. Guests thought I was making dinner fancy.
Quick, easy, and delicious! The toasted walnuts and cranberries complement each other very well. Can't wait to make this one again.
I added green onions and used vinaigrette I had on hand. Delicious and definitely one that will be used often.
I had never had Salmon before. I was always hesistant to try it. I finally thought this looked like an easy enough recipe and so I tried it...It was easy and fast to prepare and delicious! I had decided because it was so low calorie I used 2- 5 oz pieces of Salmon per person...and I used a Raspberry Vinaigrette I had already on hand....Can't wait to have it again!
I rated it 3 stars - not 4