Balsamic Roasted Sausage and Grapes with Linguine Recipe
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage links
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage links
- 3 cups seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Place sausage links and grapes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil and water; pour over sausages. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Bake 20 minutes. Turn sausages; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in sausages reads 160°.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- 4. Cut sausages into 1/2-in. slices. In a large bowl, combine the linguine, reserved pasta water and pesto; toss to coat. Add the sausage, spinach, salad greens and grapes with pan juices; toss to combine. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 566 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 990mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Balsamic Roasted Sausage and Grapes with Linguine
"It was very tasty. I used Turkey and chicken Italian sausage. I think the next time I make it I would prefer to place the mixed greens under the pasta mixture rather than mixing it all together."
"This is a great favorite. Friends continue to ask for the recipe. I add fresh basil as well. It is also good served cold as a picnic dish. I use gluten free pasta and it is delicious!"
"Very good, unique flavor. Nice mix of pesto and 1 different flavors of sausage. I will definitely add this to my rotation of recipes!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.