Pasta doesn’t have to wear coats of cream and cheese, especially when red grapes and sausage give it sweetness and spice. —Lauren Wyler, Austin, Texas
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage links
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage links
- 3 cups seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place sausage links and grapes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil and water; pour over sausages. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 minutes. Turn sausages; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in sausages reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Cut sausages into 1/2-in. slices. In a large bowl, combine the linguine, reserved pasta water and pesto; toss to coat. Add the sausage, spinach, salad greens and grapes with pan juices; toss to combine. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic Roasted Sausage and Grapes with Linguine in Taste of Home June/July 2012, p63
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Balsamic Roasted Sausage and Grapes with Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review