Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes Recipe
"My family loves potatoes, and I fix them many different ways. This tasty version is one of our favorites," says Bev Bosveld from Waupun, Wisconsin. Well-seasoned with garlic, thyme, nutmeg and rosemary, plus balsamic vinegar, these potatoes are sure to stand our at any meal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, combine the potatoes, onion and garlic; cook over medium-high heat in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the thyme, rosemary and nutmeg. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 2. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and almost tender. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 184 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC