"My family loves potatoes, and I fix them many different ways. This tasty version is one of our favorites," says Bev Bosveld from Waupun, Wisconsin. Well-seasoned with garlic, thyme, nutmeg and rosemary, plus balsamic vinegar, these potatoes are sure to stand our at any meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine the potatoes, onion and garlic; cook over medium-high heat in oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the thyme, rosemary and nutmeg. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and almost tender. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p12
Reviews for Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review