Balsamic Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium red onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Pat chicken dry. In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper; rub under skin of chicken. Place onions in a shallow roasting pan; top with chicken. Combine wine and balsamic vinegar; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°, basting occasionally with pan juices. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.)
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Remove and discard skin before serving. Pour onion sauce into a small bowl; skim fat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups onion sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Balsamic Roast Chicken(19)
Sort By :
This roast chicken is the best we had ever eaten. The chicken is very tasty and the onion gravy is so delish. my families can't stop raving about it. Thank you Tracy for sharing it.
This is the best and is so easy! A new family favorite. Made exactly as written and everyone loved it!
perfect Sunday dinner, the sauce is perfectly balanced,I also added halved potatoes, and carrots..a new comfort food for our family!
Chicken i used was only 2 lbs. I would have to adjust cooking times next time. Despite this the chicken turned out delicious. Can't wait to try it again. Highly recommend this recipe for everyone.
I made this for first time tonight. We just LOVE IT! So simple, not a lot of ingredients. Taste so yummy! I made it exactly with the exception I had a red bell pepper that needed using. So I added the bell pepper with the onion. Then about an hour before it was done, I added in some baking potatoes cut in half. Then half hour later I added some frozen, crinkle cut carrots. On using the wine or the broth, I did half and half. I will certainly make this again! Thanks for posting it!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >